Adding Media to Content
Thanks to WordPress, adding an image, a gallery or a video to a post or a page couldn’t be easier. Once you have done it once, you’ll be amazed at how simple it is. I think that the process is very similar to how you insert an image into a Microsoft Word document.
Adding Media Content
To add an image saved on your PC to your post or page, when editing or creating a page or a post simply:
- Click on the “Add Media” button above the text editor.
- Click on Upload Files.
- Click on Select Files in the middle of the screen.
- Find the image you’d like to put on your website.
- Click on the file and click “Open”.
- Complete the image title, description, caption and alt text to the right hand side of the image.
- You can also add a link to any image, below the Attachment Display Settings, change the “Link To” setting and enter the link you’d like to assign to the image.
- If you don’t want this particular image to link to anything, simply select “None”.
- Click on Insert Into Page.
There you go, you now have an image that either links or doesn’t link to something on your post / page. Why not try to add a few other images and get them displaying on your site?
Adding Previously Used Media Content
This is very easy, in the previous section where you chose “Upload Files”, simply select “Media Library” and follow the same steps as above.
Removing Media Content
This is as simple as deleting text on a post or a page. When editing or creating content:
- Click on the media item.
- Hit backspace or delete on your keyboard.
That’s it, the image or other item of media will be deleted from your page.
You should now be able to:
- Add Media to a post or a page
- Remove Media from a post or a page
As always, if you’d like more information or have any questions, feel free to contact me.